U go GURL :)






Yuppp......That's moi self in da pic. Number 299. Call me a celebrity (like some of ma friends cuz ma pic was in Dinakaran), Call me crazy (like some other critic friends of mine as I was carrying 85 kilos of maself). Call me addicted (cuz thats what I wanna call maself now :)) I am just so excited that I was part of this Auroville Marathon on Feb 15 2009. It was such a wonderful experience. I am so glad I have wonderful wonderful friends like Adithya raghavan who registered for me and made sure I was there. thank you sweet heart.


This interesting plight started at 7 am. I thought I might be late cuz I got up at 6:30 and then had to brush and bathe and catch an auto from ma hotel to reach Auroville which was like 7 km far away. Am glad I reached on time. Collected ma bib. I reached the Start point to discover a group of enthusiastic individuals of all ages from different parts of the world stretching and getting set to go :) Yes, we were going to run 10.5 km. I have never done this before. For me running was only on the treadmill for 30 mins. I had no idea about running on muddy roads. But, then I wanted to start and this is where my good lord wanted me to take the first step. Am glad it was in Auroville. Whatta lovely place. The cheerful faces, the loving volunteers, the unconditional support, and enduring forests and so on.... I could keep praising this little haven.. but now back to running...They said on your marks, get set and go....And, Yes, I did go....but only a few yards. it would have been 3 short minutes and I was already panting...That's when I realised that I was supposed to jog and not sprint. What was I doing????? I was running like some street dog was chasing me from behind. Once I realised this, I turned on ma Ipod...By now 90% of them have gone ahead me. All I knew was I had to finish this run. I started jogging. Slowly and steadily...It was the most beautiful scenic trail I was on. With the sun rising up and glancing through the branches. I switched off my ipod cuz I wanted to hear my breadth, I wanted to listen to the silence of the woods...i was lost...Lost in paradise. I did the race in my own pace :) I did all the weird things possible for the first time. I looked up at the sky and spoke to God. I smiled at the sky thinking he (did not mean to be gender specific)is looking at me. Thanked him for bringing me here, Picked a pebble as a souvenir that I was here. Sighted peacocks, the chirping of birds. I loved it. I loved every step I took. I walked whenever my lung felt stuck. Then some sweet soul would pass by cheerin me to jog and I would jog along with them. They would go out of sight soon leaving me back in my trance. My trance with nature. I was so drunk by nature. For the 1st time I was smitten by the beauty of nature. I used to tell myself I am not a morning person. But, it is only this day I knew how sexy a morning can be :) Post 5 km there was a grp of drummers cheering us up. There is this stunning energy that flows inside you when u hear their beats. Till the sound faded away I was so encouraged to jog. And, then I stopped for electrolytes and lemon juice offered by the loving volunteers. Finally reached the finish in 1 hr 47 mins. A group of enthusiasts cheered and clapped as I hit the finish. Then it was time to have some tasty breakfast. I was so much excited about the marathon that in my mind I have already signed up for this event for next year 14th Feb :)

Comments

Unknown said…
Nice pic.. :) bubblin with energy.. luks great.

Popular posts from this blog

Bommarillu....LovE YoU Ha hA HaSiNi :)

Wear Sunscreen by Baz Luhrmann